Saturday, August 3, 2013

What a summer! Swimming lessons, soccer camp, moving, hanging with the kids, setting up house in our new house. I report back to school on the 14th - how time has flown. I still need to move my classroom stuff to my new classroom and set up. I've been assigned to be the kindergarten teacher in Towaoc ("toy-oc"), which is the town on the Ute Mountain Ute reservation. This is a "guinea pig" position as it's a trial year. There hasn't been a teacher on the reservation since 1963 and the district wants to bring school back to the tribal kids who are being bussed up to Cortez. So they are trying out a small kindergarten (it will be capped at 16 students) and they want me to be the teacher. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I've been thinking and getting my mind ready for kindergarten. It will be lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment